Tuesday, February 13, 2024

How Do You Eat a Whale?

 

This is the big pile of fabric that I have to sort through. I emptied all the big bins on the floor. This is what I have to sort through.

So, to answer the question... How do you eat a whale? 

One bite at a time. I grab a pile of fabric, move it to my worktable so I don't have to grab it off the floor, and sort through it, tossing the fabric into the appropriate bin.

This is after about an hour of sorting I had this. The bings were filling up and the pile on the floor was getting smaller.


This is after three and a half hours.

I had to take a break and eat and get dressed. But after a break, I got it finished.


It looks good!

I'm going to start by making slabs of the fabrics in the Lights bin. I'm going to make slabs of fabrics with a white background, but I'm going to have some fun. 


3 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow that’s a huge pile of scraps, I see you sorted them by color’ish. I sorted mine six years ago, by size and used enough for a queen size quilt, and it didn’t show in the tubs anything was gone. I have so much scraps I could make ten quilts out of them. And all the lovely FQ’s and yards are also wanting to be used.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, I am glad that you were able to get it all where it had to go and leave no trace of the pile. That is a good day.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Kudos for getting them all sorted - you won't be sorry about all that effort expended.