Sunday, February 5, 2023

The Bird Family Grows

 

I decided that I wanted to make the little birds look like they were related to the bigger birds so I decided to make some little birds based on the bigger ones.

Here's another one.

Here is a big bird with two smaller birds. Maybe they are brother and sister?


Another pair.

This smaller bird has GOT to be a teenager. Look at the big beak on that one! Talkative for sure!


I have plans for about ten more.




You too can make birds like these. They are not made with traditional patterns or templates and they are most definitely NOT PAPER PIECED. You can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop, to learn how to make them.



5 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Oh, I’m loving the bird kids/teenagers!

Buffy said...

These birds are so much fun to look at! Makes me think I should make a quilt with birds in all colors and sizes to represent all of our huge extended family. Thanks for the continuing inspiration!

Judy in Michigan said...

I got a big laugh at the teenager bird. Super idea to make the smaller birds like their mommas.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your related birds! And of course I love pink too.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is neat that the scale may be different, but they are related and look fine together.