Tuesday, November 15, 2022

What I Did Last Weekend

                                       
I spent some time working on the blue and yellow rail fence quilt. It doesn’t look like much, but it’s getting there. I have an idea of mixing up the blocks but I need to make more of them before I can play with them.

.


I spent Friday afternoon with my friend P. We had planned to take a drive up north to look at the fall foliage, but we had to postpone our trip due to Covid concerns. We went out to eat at one of her favorite restaurants and we did some shopping at the same time. I bought a new purse, and because I got a new purse, I made a new lanyard for my work keys.

.
I also made a trip to the Apple Store for some instructions on how to use some of the applications (Write, Keynote & Numbers, the equivalent of Word, Excel & PowerPoint). It’s enough to get me going. While at the Mall I bought two sets of bedsheets, because that morning I work up with my lower leg in a hole on my bottom sheet. Sigh.

But the biggest thing I did this last (4 day weekend) was visit a local crematorium and make my own final arrangements. It was one of the things on my list of things I wanted to get done this year.







.



 







4 comments:

Steven said...

Well, we've had our plot for about 10 years bank in Bert's home town. He wanted a plot because of family history stuff and all. Two urns can be in one plot. And this summer met with the local business to design our headstone. Should probably set the crematorium bit up as well. I also have a document typed up that has all of our accounts with their numbers and where needed dollar amounts. One stop shopping for the kids to take care of things when we're gone.

Poppy Q said...

Good on you Lynne. When my dad died snd we buried his and mims ashes, i bought the plot next to my parents. Best $300 I've ever spent. Also planning to take my cats ashes with me. Xxx

Elle said...

Prepaid is a great gift to your son. My Aunt died in 2021. Every part of the service was also preplanned. What amazed me? When we went to meet with the assigned funeral director, we were there over an hour. She wanted to review everything even though there was a signed contract. That was crazy.

Dee W said...

I really applaud you for this act of love to your family. I did a prepaid funeral for my grandpa back in 1983 and was vilified, but when he died it was so good. I did the same for my mom, left a couple decisions for the time, but my sister wasn't going to get here as soon as she hoped. So I did those too. But its good that at such a stressful time, those things are done. Good job.