Sunday, April 18, 2021

Green & Yellow & Flowers

 

I spent a lot of time Saturday cutting the creams into squares. You can see my notes above the squares. I cut 120 of them. In retrospect I think cut too many.

Then I cut some of the yellows.

Earlier in the day I bought myself some flowers. The local florist has a walk in area where customers can choose their own, and I chose these. When one of the owners stepped in to ask if I needed help, he took one look at what I held in my hand and said, "Those are spectacular!"

You know I have been dieting on the Noom diet, and after a long struggle with a plateau, I finally broke through. The flowers are a reward to myself, and a reminder that my journey is important and my success is real. They also help me to stay motivated to continue.

7 comments:

Bambi Pearson said...

I am also on the Noom diet. It's really hard right now because we are packing up a household after 26 years and moving to another state. I love the yellows you have picked and I look forward to seeing what you create.

Bambi Pearson said...

I am also on the Noom diet. It's really hard right now because we are packing up a household after 26 years and moving to another state. I love the yellows you have picked and I look forward to seeing what you create.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful flowers.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Quiltdivajulie said...

The shop owner's "spectacular" is dead on - they're glorious!! And those yellows are pretty wonderful, too.

Sewgirl said...

You never disappoint Lynne with your great eye for color...flowers, fabrics, it's a gift! Congrats on the break-though with the diet. A reward well earned!

spacer said...

Beautiful flowers. Glad you are succeeding with NOOM

QuiltGranma said...

Lovely fabrics! In your bouquet I seee Sea Holly, which I have some of growing in my flower garden... last fall there were at least 4, but hubby weeded teh garden for me and not recognizing them there is only one now. (my rt hand wrist is in a cast so I cannot do the job myself at this time.)