Thursday, April 22, 2021

Added Yellow and a Special Green!

 

I decided I wanted the yellow in the quilt, so I put some of the yellow blocks up semi-randomly. I have to make a lot more blocks, and I have some greens that aren't even shown here, so we shall see.

I think this picture is a lot better than the previous ones...

I had been having some trouble with my iPhone, and I was way overdue for an upgrade, but I didn't think I needed the brandy-spanking new version, so I asked our resident geek to see if he could upgrade mine to a model newer than mine. (Mine was four versions behind.) I only asked that the hard drive space be the same size as my current one, and I told him I didn't care about the color. Imagine my surprise when I opened the box to this green lovely! And the photo above was taken with the new iPhone (the new one is an 11.)

In case you were wondering where I was yesterday, I was setting up the new device. When it came time to activate it, the instructions told me to call a specific number, but I couldn't use the new phone, or the old phone to do it. WHAAAA??? I didn't HAVE another phone. So I went over to my neighbor's to do it.

It uses facial recognition to unlock it. All I have to do is hold it up and look at it, and it unlocks. Pretty weird. The new case arrives tomorrow, which is a good thing, because the thing is so damned slippery it slides out of my hands and pockets much too easily!


4 comments:

Ruth said...

YES!! Yellow back in, and that Dark Green makes it all Pop!!
Good Luck with the new phone. My requirement is that a new phone fits in the pocket of my slacks.
(Nice to prove I'm not a robot now when commenting, much simpler!)

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love the new arrangement, lots of energy. I need to replace my aging phone and am thinking about an iPhone, but it is a lot more expensive than my old Android.

Just Ducky said...

Except facial recognition doesn't work if you did it with a full normal face and then want to use it when you have a mask on!

JustGail said...

I'm liking the yellows being added back in with the bolder greens now. The stronger greens in the current version seem to stand up to that bright yellow much better. The very first photo of this quilt, it seemed like the greens were rather... weak (too light)? Not the right greens (sort of gray or yellow)? Or maybe it was the yellows all in one spot?

I'm glad my phone *should* be good for a couple of years yet, knock wood (watch - I'll drop it or lose it now!). My computer though - sigh...old enough that software updates are an issue now. I really should get serious about updating that before disaster strikes.