Thursday, March 11, 2021

Adds & Deletes

 You probably noticed I added some fabrics to the blues I bought.

Here are some blues. Some of these I have had for a Very Long Time.

Here are some purplish/red violet/pinks. 

Here are some lighter fabrics and a busier one. IN THEORY, all these COLORS will work. Actually forget about theory, all these colors WILL work [together] in the right situation. The fabrics, we shall see.

Here are the blocks I made the other day. They look pretty nice. Remember, this is about one-third of the blocks, so there isn't a lot of thought to arrangement and virtually no variety.

In between the blocks you are supposed to put the "spacers" which are all the fabrics that make up the blocks. Uh, no. Pretty big no.

So I pulled all the bright prints and colors out and left in place the spacers that were the darkest fabrics. Immediately the horizontal blocks appeared to be floating in space just in front of the dark background. That meant all the blocks I had made with those two fabrics had to be replaced.
 

So I shopped my stash. Again, some of these are REALLY old.

The more I looked, the less I liked the pink, and the red violet, so I took those out. I tried using some of the teal test blocks I made the other night. Nah, didn't like those much either.


I do, however, LOVE these two new blocks. Both of these centers are digital prints, btw.

I dug out the dark fabrics and cut a lot of spacers. Never underestimate the usefulness of blue painter's tape. I needed 5-1/2" pieces. You all know how I hate measuring and how the lines on these rulers make me crazy.

I think this is a lot better. I am still not convinced that light green or the swirly multicolored fabric around it (upper right) is going to stay. And there is a teal blender in there that is so solid-looking, it "reads" like a hole, so that may go bye-bye too. And the blocks will be rearranged when there are more of them.

Yeah I know it's dark - it's dark blue, for heaven's sakes - but you can click the pictures and then click again for more detail.

So far so good.



4 comments:

Nancy J said...

When I double clicked it comes up in beautiful detail. Love all those blues and the patterned pieces.

Dorothy said...

I am usually not a fan of digital prints. But those 2 blocks with a digital print in the center turned my head. Perhaps "if you don't like digital prints, you haven't cut them small enough?" :-)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the block with the strands of multi colored "beads" and the dragonflies. I agree about the swirly one with the green center (bye bye). The blueberry center on my screen seems to leap forward as if it is 3D. Like your super dark spacer blocks, too.

Ruth said...

Yum, I love those blueberries, and the digital prints have a lovely swirly design around them. I love watching your choices of fabrics, seeing how they affect each other.