Thursday, February 25, 2021

Reward

 

I've joined Noom* to lose the excess weight I've picked up over the last few years. I'm happy with my progress so far. Part of Noom is you are encouraged to reward yourself when you reach various milestones. I decided flowers would be my reward so yesterday on my weekly chores outing I stopped by the local florist and picked these. The yellow roses are enormous.

Thursday is my day for my first Covid-19 vaccine. My appointment is mid-morning, so I worked late to make up for the time I missed, which is why this post isn't quilt-related.


*I'm not here to advertise Noom, or to answer questions about it, so please don't ask. I just don't have the time to respond to those queries. There is a lot of information out there about it. Suffice it to say I like it, and am happy with the program. Part of any long term self help project is holding yourself accountable, so that's the only reason I mentioned it here.

6 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

Congratulations! No questions because that is a very personal area and even though I wish you well I know from experience that too many people in a personal journey cause issues no matter what. You are doing well and hopefully you will find great support without others needs.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful flowers for a beautiful reason. GO you!!! Good luck with your shot appointment - we both get our first shots this afternoon AND my brother in law in MI finally gets his first dose late date today.

JustGail said...

Gorgeous flowers, and well done.

Sigh... it will be probably be months before I'm allowed to get the shot. OTOH, I guess it's good that I'm not old enough but yet old enough to be retired and can stay home, and/or don't have any health issues to move me up the list?

Linda Swanekamp said...

Gorgeous flowers! I only had a minor reaction to first shot, over with in a day. Have the second one March 5th. Mine was the Pfizer. Good luck on your commitment.

Ioleen said...

Beautiful flowers and S such a way to reward yourself. Hope they last a few days.

Cathy said...

I had my first Covid vaccine today (mid-morning) too. No reaction - not even a sore arm. I’m a Lifetime WW member (lapsed, LOL) and I think it’s great when anyone uses a good program (Noom being in that category) to become healthier. Beautiful flowers and an excellent reward! Congrats on all fronts.