Monday, September 14, 2020

Thirty-Five

 

 SOMETIMES It's nice to have easy brainless sewing to do.

I watched the Patriots win their game, then turned to the tennis. It continues to be weird watching big sporting events with nobody in the stands.

One nice thing about doing the same thing over and over is that you learn how to do things a bit better.

Here are all 35 asterisks. I decided, for the fun of it, to line them up. Partly because it would make it easier to figure out how many I have (the blocks are 6" and ten can fit in one row) and partly so I could enjoy breaking up the nice, boring, regular arrangement when that time comes!

What you may not see here (unless you click the photo, and then click again) is how many two toned asterisks I made. When I chose the fabrics for this batch I didn't plan on making any of them two-toned but as I got to sewing them together I could see lots of possibilities.

This is my current favorite two-toned asterisk. I think the center fabric is perfect!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Oh boy, but aren’t those fun to look at! I like filling my screen with them.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the two toned ones the best. And yes, the one you showed at the end of the post is especially spectacular. GO GO GO!

NeverBored said...

These are so pretty and cheerful!

The Selvage Fairy said...

Love the starts! Got any more of that gold and silver fabric from the out of the box quilt?

How is the west coast family doing with the fires?

Linda Swanekamp said...

The two toned ones are genius. All of them together are impressive.