Tuesday, September 29, 2020

A Man, a Plan, a Canal... Panama

On the design wall.
.


Translated into fabric. I -try- to get the edges on the straight of the grain, but sometimes I just get tired.

Four panels trimmed. The yellow and green are sewn together. The two green asterisks should have been farther apart, but they are OK. The overall "feeling" of how they float together is more important than following my guide to a "T."
.

What I have sewn into panels is colored on my guide.

What it all looks like on the design wall. There is one thing I don't like and will change later.


*Gail, that seam you saw on the edge of that panel is there because I tend to leave these bigger than I need them. It allows me a bit more flexibility when I start sewing them together. It's always better to have too much fabric than too little. (Ask me how I know this.) I will do the final trimming down to size when I start sewing them all together.

*Mickey, I live alone. If the house is clean, the dishes are done, the bills are paid and Millie is fed, the litter box is clean and the laundry is done, then I head into the studio and sew. Working in the studio is what I love to do best, so you seeing me "work fast" is really me using all the available time I have to do what I love.

* "A man..." is a pangram palindrome (Thanks, abelian. I really did know that but it slipped my mind). It reads the same backwards and forwards. It also loosely describes my process, and so I thought it was a fitting title to today's post.


 

3 comments:

abelian said...

It's a palindrome. :-) "Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs" is a pangram. Sorry to be a quibbler. Love your quilts!

Ann said...

Such a pretty quilt with all the cheerful colors on white. Kind of like a "backwards" snowfall. Or falling leaves. But prettier, more spring-like. This will be a joy to you over the winter months.

Quiltdivajulie said...

It is coming together - one seam at a time. Love the blog title and explanation - kind of like me with my words for quilt names. It's part of the process to have fun along the way.