Sunday, July 19, 2020

Colorwash Quilt, Quilted

I picked up three quilts from Janet-Lee yesterday.

One of them was the Colorwash quilt, so I wanted to add the hanging sleeve and binding right away.


I made my binding a lot smaller than normal. This is just over 3/8". I have pinned it all down, and now I have to hand sew it down. Since it's almost black, that will have to happen during the day when the light is brightest.

I wanted it quilted in curves. Here is a detail.

I bought all I could of the fabric I used for the backing, and used what was left for the hanging sleeve, but it wasn't quite enough, so I had to search through my stash.

Hey, you all know I love to put little jokes in my quilts!

8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Super colors. Fun sleeve. Must feel great to have it done.

Hootie said...

Oh my gosh, that’s a gorgeous quilt! The swirl quilting is perfect.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Ah, the dragons are great!!!! Your color wash quilt is amazing....it takes your breath away it’s so beautiful.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

So pretty!! The dark binding is perfect but I know what you mean about needing the very best light. It just takes a little more time and concentration for me than a lighter one and I tend to end up with dark bindings a lot.

sandi s said...

That one is beautiful! I love your quilting design also. Hugs,

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hanging sleeves are the perfect place for hidden jokes in the fabric - great choice! Your color wash is fabulous!

Mystic Quilter said...

Stunning colourwash and love the quilting pattern.

Cindy Quilts said...

Lovely!