Tuesday, June 2, 2020

The Zebra Quilt Tute is Coming Very Soon...


The Zebra Quilt Tutorial is in the final stages. The story has been told, (and retold) and new pictures have been taken. Instructions have been written (and re-written, and re-written). Pages have been organized, and then rearranged. Ideas have been added. Ideas have been discarded.

Millie has made an appearance. I took out the Tutti Frutti quilt to take some additional photographs, and when I turned around, Millie was sitting right on it, giving herself a bath!!

Now it's down to the nitty gritty. Is the spelling correct? Is the grammar correct? Is the punctuation correct? Do the pages I mention really point to the right place? Is the formatting correct throughout? I am also writing the description for the listing in Etsy so when it is ready to go, I can just let it loose.


Here is what Cathy, one of my beta testers wrote to me today: "I have made triangles 1 and 2. They gave me no problems by following the pattern 100%. I was initially thinking the [way you had us use the rulers] when cutting seemed like quite an exercise, but I followed step-by-step and the light dawned, birds (liberated ones no doubt) sang and I did a happy dance..."

(Oh Cathy! be still my beating heart!!)

Here's a sneak peek. With the tutorial, you will get a pdf file with SIX different zebra quilt layouts for you to color or use to design your quilt. AND you'll get a page of triangles you can cut out to make your own version.

I can't wait to see what folks do with these to make them their own.

I'm pretty sure it's less than a week out...
Pretty sure.
Almost sure.
Kinda sure.

8 comments:

Nancy J said...

Millie is so sure the tute will be a certain and sure winner, in her eyes and others too.

Dorothy said...

YIPPEE !!!

JustGail said...

Thanks for sharing all the work that goes into your tutorials. As someone who struggles to write (much second guessing my wording or tone (does that sound too whiny?) ) I usually assume the words just flow onto the page for everyone else.

I like the addition of coloring pages to the tutorial. I notice magazines the last year or so have been including one or two of them as well.

Just Ducky said...

Hello Miss Millie! Looking good sweetie.

Quiltdivajulie said...

For those waiting on the Zebra tutorial's release - you will be THRILLED when you download it.

Sue said...

I am excited and cannot wait!

Rachelle Long said...

I cannot WAIT to see the Zebra Quilt tutorial! Looking fun! (and your cat is adorable. I have 6....) ;-)

MaryB said...

I don’t have a computer only an iPad. Will I be able todo this without all the sheets just by watching the tutorial?