Sunday, November 24, 2019

One of Those Days

You know how you have a day filled with errands and at the end you think you didn't get anything done? So here's what I did on Saturday.

1. Picked up my Mom


2. Drove to the Portsmouth Fabric Company where I bought lots of fabric.

3. Had lunch at the Pink Bamboo right down the street.

4. I drove to Hampton Falls past the barn I love so much.

5. I picked up a couple of quilts from Janet-Lee.

6. Walked around Portsmouth stopping in a couple of shops... The Elephantine Bakery, Corks &  Curds (wine and cheese).

7. Stopped in at the Flower Kiosk and bought flowers for my house and a wreath for my Mom's door.

8. Stopped in at the Lindt store in Exeter and bought an assortment of their truffles for the bowl in my living room. 

9. Went to Staples and then to the grocery store for a few things I needed.
10. Got home and made dinner.
11. Washed all my fabric.

12. Went into the studio and cut blocks and did some rearranging. This isn't the final final final, but it's damned close. I decided to use the same dark fabric around the colored blocks. It's actually a batik with little gold squares, but I am using the wrong side.

So it was actually a pretty good day.

8 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

It sounds like a perfectly glorious day to me! Spending much of it with your mom made it even more special.

Robby said...

That is a full day! The quilt is looking beautiful. I confess, I come here for the quilting, but learning there is such a thing as a Lindt store is a lovely, albeit dangerous bonus.

Mickey's Musings said...

Yup! That was a good day!Family time,errands done and a bit of fun.
That's what keeps you going :)
I love the Lindt store too ;)
Nancy and the kitties

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Looks like a really enjoyable productive day to me.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, if only my errands were as glorious! I don't even have a LQS close anymore- I have to drive to Rochester, over 1 1/2 hours away. Love the fabric, truffles, flowers, and diamonds.

Hubblebird said...

The quilt is looking gorgeous. I went to a local quilt festival at the weekend and saw that one of the quilters had made a version of your Zebra quilts. She didn’t win a prize unfortunately, but her quilt was spectacular. Do you buy your fabrics at least one yard or more? I need to build a stash to do a big diamond quilt next year and was wondering how much you purchased at a time.

Bonus of the quilt show was that I won the raffle quilt. The second raffle quilt I’ve won this year. Unbelievable!

lynn said...

This sounds like a full on day to me. I could never keep up with you Lynne. Today I sewed a bit, went to a poinsetta open house, thousands of them, cheered out at the Santa Claus parade, and went out to supper at Swiss Chalet. Then I came home and have been resting since. Whew, glad I didn't have your list, except for the fabric shopping part. That I could have handled. Sounds as if you enjoyed it all though

Linda M said...

Lynne, the diamond quilt is spectacular! I love how patient you are with the whole process. I think sometime I tend to rush it. Have a nice Thanksgiving!