Thursday, August 22, 2019

What Can You Do With A One Inch Square?

What can you do with a one inch square?

Well, if you know me at all you know that I would NEVER, EVER use something that small in a piece of traditional patchwork because I think it's just too damn small and finicky...


I can't seem to be able to make any kind of patchwork whatsoever without sewing things together and then cutting them apart and then putting them together in a different way. (I was  in a techie chat room once and we were talking about our non-tech hobbies and I wrote..."I make quilts. I take big pieces of fabric, cut them up into small pieces and then sew them together again into big pieces of fabric...")

So my next trick is to show you what you can do with one inch squares that is NOT traditional. Naturally I have a few tricks, and surprises, up my sleeve.

Stay tuned!


5 comments:

Nancy J said...

That is a great start, and I love the way you have arranged the strips.

deebriese said...

Oo cant wait!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Always up for tricks and surprises.

The Selvage Fairy said...

OOO, OOO, OOO, you could make a beak for a baby bird!

Ann said...

I have been playing with some Seminole piecing lately and this photo reminds me of it.