Friday, May 17, 2019

Washing Machine Shuffle

Somebody asked me what I did with the leftover bits of quilts that didn't work. This quilt is an example of what to do with those leftover duds. My pal Julie asked me to send mine to her several years ago and she made me two quilts. This is one of them, and it is made of leftover letters from my Daft Zebras and Nine x Nine quilts as well as some other experiments (houses and trees) and a baby quilt I made (asterisk flowers and hearts). Julie made the quilt from my pieces and Chris quilted it. When I knew that was going to happen I made our names and Julie included them in the quilt. It just goes to show that duds are only duds in the eye of the beholder.

I love this quilt so much it has lived on my bed for almost ten years. Every time I try another quilt it just looks blah.

So why is it on the blog today? Because the other day I was doing laundry and I thought, hmm, maybe I should wash this too, so it took a trip through the washer and dryer ("washing machine shuffle") and when I put it back on the bed I was struck by how much brighter it looked.

Ahem!

5 comments:

Just Ducky said...

Hmmm, has Miss Millie been keeping it all furred up? I think so! WTG Millie.

Quiltdivajulie said...

It came through the washing machine shuffle in spectacular style!

Rose said...

I love this!

scarlett said...

You are right, it is wonderful!!

Ann said...

You and Lynne have so much fun. A quilting friend is a wonderful treat.