Sunday, September 2, 2018

Binding Dark Majesty


I went back and forth choosing binding fabric for the Dark Majesty diamonds quilt. Finally I selected this Kaffe fabric - it's  dark grey with colors, and I think it will tie in with the quilt nicely.

This is such a big quilt that "quilt wrangling" is an apt description of getting the binding sewn on. I'll get it sewn on all around, and then it will be relaxing to hand sew it down on the front of the quilt.

 Two things here. 1. I love the binding, and 2, yes, Millie has already been napping on the quilt.



I painted the second coat on the oil tank, and took apart that plastic shed that bugged me. I think it looks better.


4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Very neat and tidy, just waiting for some decorations. Lovely binding.

Curlygaga said...

Your tank got me to thinking about mine. I googled it, lots of interesting ideas. One was white, with black spots to look like a cow, even had a pink udder. lol Your quilting post inspires me, I look forward to seeing what you are up to each day. Thanks for all the ideas that roam my brain!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the binding choice - totally excellent. And yes, the back of the house looks MUCH better now!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I am assuming that is a heating oil tank? We don't have anything like this down south. A nice palette to play with!