Monday, July 9, 2018

The Block Bag Brigade

So last week I filled a bag with the leftover Gizzy blocks.


Then I made arrangements to pass the bag to my friend Mary.

She met me at work last week. Here you can see me passing the bag to her. "Omigosh," Mary said to me, "this bag is HEAVY."

The next day, Mary passed the bag along to Sarah, Mary's "wonderfully creative friend, an expert at putting pieces of fabric from many sources into quilts for abused or ill children and for adults recovering from surgery or other health problems. She was thrilled to accept your gift."

I'm glad all those blocks are going to be turned into something good. If you have fabric you can't stand looking at, or an abandoned project that is taking up space in your house, there is always someone who will be glad to take it off your hands and make magic with it. You just have to find them.

2 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

I tend to make what I call charity quilts and offer them to someone with a purpose through my facebook account. I am not a real quilter so I can do that. I am not an artist but like creating. Last year I gave 5 away to people with a reason. This year only one. It just depends. It is always great to see quilter's helping communities through whatever means. Thanks for donating those scraps. Everyone seems to do something. I started with the concept to tithe giving one quilt in 10 to charity. I will never make enough quilts to get to the one in ten ratio, but I give what makes me feel right. I can make a bunch without giving to charity. BTW I have given closer to one in 7 not the other way. I read that and thought you might think I was slacking off. but the answer is I am not, I find more people that need than people I want to make happy.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I think this is AWESOME and WONDERFUL!!