Sunday, May 6, 2018

Four by Four


Sixteen fabrics, 8 dark and 8 light, with 8 in each block, I wasn't sure the blocks would be varied enough to satisfy me, but I can live with these. These aren't sewn together yet, but with a limited number of options, I wanted to get them up on the wall so i could spot any duplicates and make sure each block had 8 different fabrics in each.

These look OK, so I will start sewing them together.

To the Selvage Fairy, who wondered if the leafy green fabric was a busy or a calm one, my answer is I am not sure. Some fabrics are shape-shifters. They can look busy when put next to some fabrics, and look calm when next to others.

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I agree about those shape shifters - they are very useful to have in the stash.

Judy in Michigan said...

Will the big blocks be moved around? It looks like you have similar prints next to each other but then, this is a small sample. (See cats in upper right corner)

Quilting Babcia said...

Following ... this looks like a fun project for our quilt ministry group to use a lot of the larger scraps we have accumulated.

Dorothy said...

Love it !!