Saturday, March 31, 2018


It's one thing to cut out the big diamonds, it's another to lay them out and start playing.

I started adding the medium diamonds using a lot of the fabrics Julie sent. It was OK, but it wasn't singing.

I hadn't added any of the hummingbird fabric, but when I put it in I knew I'd have to add more.

By this time, I was sending Julie photos and we were exchanging text messages. Neither one of us was particularly thrilled with the darks. I had already removed the peacock fabric. The sunflowers were looking too dark too. "What else do you have?" Julie asked. "What other big prints do you have?"

 It was my turn to run back and forth. I had this big print from the quilt I made for  my Mom.

"This could work" I texted Julie. She wasn't sure.

We got rid of all the darks, and it was much better, but it still looked confused.

 Since the medium diamonds were placed because I liked the way they looked next to the big diamonds, when I moved the big diamonds around, the mediums didn't fit, so I took them off.  It was almost midnight. The quilt is changing, but it was time for bed.


Jackie said...

I love that your sharing your process, it’s so great to be able to see how the changes you make really look different.

stitchinpenny said...

I love it except for one fabric, but the fabrics I can't see working are the ones you make a show piece. The artful eye that I can't train myself to have. I usually just grab one of my daughters. Can't wait to see what you do here.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Actually, when you sent the picture of the op art-ish fabric, I responded with "that's cool" (we were crossing our messages back and forth out of sequence). I do like it and it DOES work!

Monty Q. Kat said...

The second photo reminds me a fish swimming in a sea.