Thursday, January 11, 2018

Oops and Not Oops

This is an oops. I sewed the wrong side of the polka dot fabric to the other one. I did not get out the seam ripper. I just kept on going. Nobody will notice, so I just left it alone.

This is not an Oops. This is intentional. As I was moving the template around to find a way to cut this shape, I noticed I could fit this little kitty cat head in the shape perfectly.  So I did.  It's in the Wavelength quilt somewhere.

It's getting there. This particular layout - with the blocks forming diamonds - is difficult to press flat on the back, so I am experimenting with getting the seams in each vertical row to go in opposite directions. The only way to remember is to put them on the design wall wrong side up. (And to sew the blocks one at a time.)

I'm not sure if this is going to work out, particularly where the sharp points join, but we'll see.

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

If anyone can make it work, YOU can!

Dorothy said...

For sure not an OOPS !!!!! We bought the fabric, therefore, we bought both sides of the fabric to use as we see fit. I am using the brown dot grunge in the BH mystery, and both sides of it is working in the quilt :-)