Tuesday, June 6, 2017

More Big Dark Diamonds

Here are some more big dark diamonds for the dark quilt.

No surprise here!
Or even this one.

I store leftover backing fabric separately from my regular stash, only because the pieces are so irregular and don't fit as well on the shelf. It's probably not a great idea, but it does make for a fun find. This is left over from the backing for The Black Box.

This is where I am at now. This is going to be a hard quilt to photograph because it is so dark. I've brightened this photo considerably so you can see the prints, but in real life it isn't this bright. Then again, it's been cloudy here every day for the last week!

I love the big diamonds, and am not quite sure what direction the medium and tiny diamonds should take. I'll work it out later. I am planning for my Barns class at Quilted Threads on Saturday.

5 comments:

Brown Family said...

I like your dark diamonds!

Nancy J said...

Love all those colours, every one!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

This one could end up being named "Mysterious" with all those gorgeous darks. Or Dark Majesty ... Fingers crossed for a super class!

Millie said...

Dark Majesty. Oh! I like that.

Just Ducky said...

Looking good Lynne.