Monday, April 3, 2017

Too Much!

A long time ago I got excited about working with selvages and for a long time I "harvested" them whenever I cut into my fabric.

However, I am no longer in love with them and find them occupying too much space in my studio. I'd be happy to give them away... BUT.  The but is you can have them if you want to pay for shipping. I'll jam as many as I can into a Medium sized US Flat Rate box. Email me at patcherymenagerie AT gmail DOT com if you're interested.


Update: All the selvages are gone. Thanks.

In other news, the Scrap Slab Tutorial is undergoing its final edits and should be ready soon.

8 comments:

Nancy J said...

Sometimes " Too Many" is so true. And to think the one word I chose for this year was " KEEP ". I hope they are sent to a wonderful new loving home and will be treasured.

Selbermacherin said...

Hahaha
Two persons/continents and one idea!!!
I had also sooo much selvages!
Now I've gave a lot to friends and sewed some baskets with them and now I have only a little bit of them less :-)
And it feels great!
Susanne

Pat said...

Hah! I've been busy destashing over the last couple of weeks. Someone wlll have fun with all that stuff.

patty a. said...

I was hoping you wanted mine! LOL!!

Ruth said...

I use my selvages instead of string. I roll them up in a ball and tie the ends together when I add new ones. I use them to tie up bundles of magazines and boxes etc. Sometimes I use them for ribbon on a gift box if it is especially pretty and is appropriate for the gift and the recipient. I have a small basket where they stay in my sewing room; they don't take up much room, they are useful, and they look pretty.
Once, I made one mug mat for a friend with selvages, once was enough.

Tie Dye Queen said...

Am I the only one who will take them? Email me for my address.

The Selvage Fairy said...

Congratulations on your three new empty bins!

ckrut said...

I think I'm a little late reading this blog, but if you have any left, I'd be glad to pay shipping for some of them. Just e-mail me at ckrutjo@gmail.com and let me know. Thanks!