Thursday, April 13, 2017

Birds in Newport

I'm spending the day with a group of quilters in Newport NH today, giving a workshop on making my free pieced birds. You can get the tutorial on how to build yours, along with my tutes about building butterflies, scrap slab triangle quilts, and my tute about using your fabrics and colors, here.

Dozens and dozens of quiltmakers have made these birds. One quilter recently told me she had made over 49 of them. Yes, they are that much fun, and that addictive!





PS, Happy Birthday SweetBean!! I miss you darlin'. Sending you hugs and kisses!

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Another beautiful bird, and as for SweetBean, how old is she now, and will there be another lovely dress in the making?

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I have a respectable sized flock myself, time to get those birdies corralled into a quilt. This bird of yours looks exceedingly proud, I am sure it's because of his handsome plumage!