Wednesday, March 5, 2014

W-H-E-N-P-I

I've started making the pink letters for the Flying Pigs quilt.



I have to start somewhere, and I always start with the first letter of the first word of the phrase and go from there.  I thought I'd carry some fabric from the first letter into the second, and so on, but I'm not quite sure that really works.

I picked some fabrics particularly because they reminded me of the curly tails we associate with pigs.

This is a good start, even though I'll probably re-make a few letters.

2 comments:

suzanne, dutchess county NY said...

Love it!

Rebecca said...

So my question is... when you remake letters because of size color, or line or any reason do you keep and have the letters that did not work?
I can just see this collection of odd and different from each other letters. Makes me smile just thinking about them...Of course your work just makes me smile anyway.