Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wedding Quilt Plans

I am counting the days until the wedding. In the meantime I want to share this fabulous picture of my son and his fiancée.

I have been thinking about a Wedding Quilt. Both had told me they loved the colors of the Digital Pinwheels, and I thought I would make that quilt for them, but the more I got to thinking about it the less happy I was.  I was going to make a quilt for the person I love most on the entire earth, and I was going to use something I found in a book, made from squares?

I think not! 

If I was going to make a quilt, it had to be a quilt from ME! What would that look like, I asked myself.  The answer didn't take long to pop into my head. A quilt from ME would have words, and hearts, and butterflies and birds. It would be a riot of color.

But I had to ask the couple what they thought of the idea. Fortunately they both loved it. Rubylocks said it had to be bright colors on WHITE, and I told her that was exactly what was in my mind too. My son said I had to include my pine trees, and lots of them. They named places that were important to both of them, and those place names will be in the quilt. (Like YOSEMITE, where they fell in love and he proposed.) It won't be ready in time for the wedding, but that's OK. I know where I am going with this. I know it will change as I work on it, but that's OK too.



(Can I tell you how much I LOVE this photo of the two of them?)

7 comments:

Susan R said...

This picture is the definition of LOVE. I can't stop smiling...

Susan

Quiltdivajulie said...

The word for today is JOY (yours and theirs . . . and ours by proxy).

Brenda said...

so right -- you need to make a quilt from you and it sounds like you have a great idea. have fun!

Megan said...

It's going to be a superb quilt because you're going to design and make something filled with meaning for all three of you. I'm very much looking forward to watching your progress (if Mr K and Rubylocks don't mind the whole world watching!)

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Monty Q. Kat said...

MomBean says they are a storybook couple, enjoying their Happily Ever After already.

Monty Q. Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy in Michigan said...

A quilt from you designed for them will be awesome! When's the wedding? In CA??