Saturday, November 2, 2013

N N N N

I couldn't operate any machinery yesterday, and that included my sewing machine, so after breakfast today I got right into making twelve N's for the Chicken quilt.

Normally I slash a rectangle of fabric diagonally and insert a strip, then sew uprights on either side to make my N's, but that's a not very efficient if you're making twelve.

After a bit of thinking, I created sewed background fabric to either side of piece of orange fabric,


 then cut 1-1/2" strips apart at a 45° angle, like this.


Then I sewed this piece to orange uprights, but....

 I chopped off the corner of the angled piece, since I knew I would cut it away later.


Press them and then I'm done.  W00t!

 (Remember this letter is barely 3" square)
 

1 comment:

Megan said...

Very clever!

Megan
Sydney, Australia