Friday, August 16, 2013

Oops.

I goofed.

The column with the RED block at the top was supposed to be on the left, and the one with the purple on top was supposed to be on the RIGHT.

It was getting late last night, I was watching Top Chef Masters, and I wanted to sew the two rows together before I went to bed.

At first I thought, "Oh hell, I have to rip out a 60-inch seam."

Then I looked at it and thought... What am I freaking out about? All I have to do is continue adding the rows in the correct color sequence. The quilt will be a mirror image of my original concept, but so what? Instead of looking like an S it will look like a Z. Big whoop.

So I'm just going to keep going.  Adapt. Improvise. Overcome.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Good for you! No stress quilting. It looks good!

That's why I don't watch TV and sew - I need my powers of concentration on the sewing. Otherwise, Oops! (I'm easily distracted)

Susan said...

Oh, don't you just hate it when that happens? Sometimes those things turn out to be happy mistakes though, so maybe it will turn out better this way!

Quiltdivajulie said...

stitch it together and turn in end for end . .. . hooray for liberated no-stress thinking