Friday, August 2, 2013

If At First You Don't Succeed

If at first you don't succeed...try something else. But above all, try something.

I really liked the bright rainbow blocks, but they were SO bright, and when I asked my coworker about possible colors, he said, "...gender neutral... maybe yellow?"  That's been on my mind a lot.

My friend Julie made this stunner, which I adore.

and it really got me to thinking. I could keep the bright colors and lower the intensity by spreading them apart a bit. I asked Julie if she'd mind if I stole her idea.





so that is where I am headed now.


I am feeling much better about it.

My crazy work fortnight is coming to a close, and after this weekend it should be a lot calmer. And OH! I shall have photos of another finish next week!

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I LOVE the new approach . . . love it!

Terri said...

Love the spacers you have chosen!
Hugs

Brenda said...

fun fabrics! and the best ideas are always borrowed.

Megan said...

I too like the spacer fabrics - they're loads of fun.

Megan
Sydney, Australia