Thursday, August 3, 2017

The Alpha Male


Something about this bird just tells me he's the guy in charge. The Alpha Male.


These flowers provided the starting point for this bird. I chose the fabric for the wing, and then the other fabric choices seemed obvious.

The bird's beak was fussy cut from this fabric, another colorway of the same Paula Nadelstorm print I used in this bird.

I will make a blue and yellow bird, which is what I was thinking when I started making this one, hey, it's important to respond to what is happening in front of you and go in that direction if it seems promising.


If you want to make your own free pieced birds (and NO, they are NOT PAPER PIECED), go to my Etsy shop and buy the tutorial. It explains everything you need to know. Don't be intimidated, these birds are easy to make. You can do it!

5 comments:

Tish said...

I highly recommend the tutorial for the birds - I'm having lots of fun with it, and am really enjoying following your process here!

Quiltdivajulie said...

That is one strong, commanding bird -- definitely an alpha!

Jackie said...

I'm loving the birds and waiting to see how you put this all together.

Tammy Hutchinson said...

While I'm certain your seams and angles are perfect, he does appear to have great posture! I also own your tutorial and love making and including birds in various projects. A quilt full hasn't happened yet because it so easy to grab a bird from the (short) stack and make a potholder or bag when a gift is needed.

Millie said...

Thank you Tish, thank you Tammy! I worked hard to make the tute easy to use and full of good, useful information. I'm glad to hear you are making birds and having fun!

thanks,
Lynne