Thursday, August 17, 2017

Blue Barn

A year ago, on our way to the AQS show in Syracuse NY, my Mom and I drove by a gray barn with a bright blue roof at the far end of a large pasture. I didn't stop to take a photo, which I immediately regretted.

"Gray barn, bright blue metal roof, white trim, gotta remember that!" I said aloud.

"Huh?" my Mother asked.

"We just drove by a gray barn with a bright blue metal roof with white trim, and I should have stopped to take a picture, but it's too late now. I don't want to forget."

But I did forget, because a few miles down the road, we saw a PINK barn, and I made sure to stop for that.


When my Dad and I drove out to Hoosick Falls NY a few weekends ago, I didn't make that mistake again. I made sure to stop to get a picture. I had forgotten there was a second, smaller, building nearby.


WHEN you take pictures makes a difference on how things look, as I am sure you are all aware. The first time I saw these barns, they were in full shade, and their colors were more intense. In full sun, they are a bit bleached out, but still, how gorgeous!

7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

And what a clean unobstructed setting! So glad you stopped this time - definitely "keeper" photos.

Pat said...

I know it wasn't, but this barn could have inspired the bird you show on your bird tutorial in your Etsy shop.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

LOL.....well show us the crazy PINK barn!

Millie said...

Click the link Glen!

Ann said...

Sometime I'd love to put a tin roof on our house. Just can't decide which color. But I sure love this blue, in sunshine and shadow.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Fabulous barn!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a HAPPY quilt!

ผลบอลเมื่อคืน