Thursday, July 27, 2017

The Colorado Flock Grows


The inspiration for this bird was kind of amusing.


It's the grays in the dashboard and the yellow line on the road ahead.


.
The inspiration of this bird is the cluster of red barns of this ranch.




This bird is based on the colors of the ground surrounding the buildings.


What's funny is that these birds are inspired by a series of photographs I took in sequence. When my brother saw these birds and their inspirations he said, "I think you're still a hundred miles away from the house! That's a lot of birds!" 

Hey, I had to start somewhere!

If you want to know how I make my birds, you can get my bird tutorial here, at my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

I so love you birds !!! :-) No matter "what they represent"

Kiwiquilter said...

Your birds are gorgeous, but I also love the huge variety of tone on tone whites you use. You must have a fantastic stash of them.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great birds. I once made a whole quilt inspired by the masses of little yellow flowers that grow along the side of the interstate (multiple greens and yellows with a wide mix of neutrals for the "pavement"). Still one of my favorite quilts.