Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Our Last Day in Colorado

 On our last day in Buena Vista Colorado I went for a walk. Here are some of the things I saw.

 It's always interesting to see how people decorate their property in different parts of the country. In New England we can't use tile on the ground because the ground freezes, but placing them in the risers of a stairway is a great place to show them off without the risk of damage.
 
I am always getting landscaping ideas when I walk around new places. Here are peonies, poppies, chives, rosemary and a small flowering shrub. Easy peasy, and very pretty. 

I loved the way this garage door is designed and also the way it was painted. Very graphic, very modern. And can you see the red car and blue recycling bin? Talk about repeating your colors...

Down every street was a terrific view of the surrounding mountains. Remember, we're at 8,000 feet above sea level, surrounded by 14,000 foot mountains.

Check out this weathervane.

The last day is also the day we took pictures. Here are my Mom, brother and SIL.

For anyone who wondered why my brother lives where he does, this view of Mt Princeton from his living room ought to at least partially answer that question. 
 
 On the way to my brother's house the first day, I happened to see a guy starting a mural, so I grabbed a photo as we drove by.

 This is what it looked like on our last day. I don't know if that girl is going to get painted, so if anybody from Denver knows, can you please send me a photo of the finished mural?

 I always sit next to the window so I can look at the world below. This is the city of Philadelphia.

We arrived back in New Hampshire about midnight.  As you can tell, I had a grand time.





6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love stairs like those that are done with tiles on the risers. You caught some beautiful images in your photos - and I hope you were waving to Nancy Near Philadelphia as you flew overhead (grin).

The Selvage Fairy said...

We didn't see any pictures of Millie in CO. Did the altitude get to her?

Unknown said...

Thank you for taking us on your trip with you! I've been enjoying it immensely - and no jet lag! :) I so love your eye for color. After reading your posts I always feel like I see colors and light/shadows differently. Thank you for your wonderful blog!

Suefosseen said...

Where is Millie? I miss her postings. Thank you for enjoying the Arkansas Valley in which I live. You teach us to look at common buildings and things differently.
Sue

Pat said...

Yes, where is Millie? She's been quite lazy of late. Perhaps she is miffed that she didn't get to go to Colorado. Meanwhile, your photos are lovely and I've been enjoying them very much.

Cathy said...

Thank you for blogging and Thank you for sharing your views on what you see, how you quilt, colours, shades, barns, stairs, tips and tricks. What a beautiful home your brother has and ya the view is outstanding. and the space wow! Great trip you have had and now home to new ideas. Cathy from BC Canada.