Saturday, April 29, 2017

Tumbling Over

Are you tired of the Tumbling puns yet? The tumbler quilt flimsy is finished. I'll be choosing a backing when I visit Quilted Threads today to deliver Julie Sefton's quilt See Rock City.

I added four rows to the quilt, and now it falls over the edges of the table nicely. The table is an antique Duncan Phyffe style drop leaf mahogany table I inherited from my grandmother. It is about 40" x 63" as shown, and has three 12" leaves that can be inserted to make the table eight feet long and big enough to seat twelve. The "table quilts" I have made for this table are different sizes, the biggest being the Fall House Top quilt which I use for Thanksgiving dinners.

2 comments:

Pat said...

It will be fun to see what you choose for a back.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks great alone and in context. I would be afraid to eat on it.