Sunday, February 26, 2017

The Green Barn, Continued

Last June I was working on this Green Barn, based on a real barn in my town. I hadn't sewn a lot of these pieces together, but when my pal Julie Sefton asked if she could borrow this panel and another for a class is teaching in April, I figured I better get going.

I couldn't find all the green pieces (because, you know, I was cleaning the studio...) so I did the best I could.

This is the inspiration barn, and as you can see it has two levels, with a ramp up to the big door. This picture was taken in winter (duh). So OK, how do I convey that so it makes sense to the viewer? I'm also not sure I want to make a 3-D barn, although that might make more sense

Because this isn't doing anything for me.

5 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

Love this barn and the picture was an inspiration. What you make that is pleasing to you is the green barn for your quilt or Julie's class or whatever. I don't see it as an art quilt with every shadow and concept the same, I see it as your idea of that barn picture.

Nancy J said...

Once the trees? and sky come in, it will start to be real, Maybe slant the front ramp? And the green, what a great fabric for the barn,I had always thought of barns as a terracotta red/brown colour. This is so different and really stands out.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

That's looking pretty darned good so far!
xx, Carol

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the barn- the fabric one and the wood one. I always dreamed of living in a barn, or a studio in a barn. Gorgeous job.

Sandi said...

I think you need to add the window to the lower side of the ramp to help with the illusion of the ramp.