Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Backing for Fruit Loops, the Tent and a Funny.

I usually like big prints for the back of my quilts. I think small ones are kinda boring. I couldn't find any one big print that seemed to have the bright fruity colors of the Fruit Loops flimsy.

I found this print in different colorways, above. The print is large and it varies, like an organic shape. Well, if I can't have one print, I can have fun with different colorways of the same one, so I bought two yards of pink, gold and green. The white with black print at the bottom will be the binding.

I also bought a bunch of black and white prints for the side triangles of the next slab triangle quilt.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Oh yes, the tent...
Here's the pattern for the tent I made for Millie. I made it back in 2007. I don't know if the pattern is still available. I'm not willing to part with mine.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Funny story:

We had our annual open enrollment for health insurance today at work. Every year the admin of the health provider gives away five $50 Visa gift cards.

Five years ago I won one.

The next year I won again.

The next year everybody wanted to sit next to me, hoping my luck would rub off.

Last year, nope.

Today the CEO announces the raffle and says, "The winner can't be Angel or Lynne."

So who wins the first one?

Angel.

Then they pick the next three names. One winner is in my row. And which number comes up fifth?

Mine.

I threw my head back and laughed as I held my ticket up for "verification".

The CEO shook his head.

10 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I wondered where you got the design for Millie's tent - cool! Congrats on winning in the drawing - great story! (and you already know I think those backing fabrics are gorgeous).

Pat said...

Love the backing fabrics. So bright and pretty.
I don't need to make a pup tent but I was curious and googled same. I found a YouTube video that shows you how to make one. It doesn't look too hard if someone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quf_12z863o

owlfan said...

I love the black and white cat prints. Especially the center bottom one. Where did you get them? Or does it have a name I can search for? Thanks. I think the backing will be great for that quilt. Can't wait to see it all put together.

Unknown said...

I just love the backing fabrics that you chose, so so pretty!!! Congratulation for winning the gift card again. So happy for you:)
Kate

Millie said...

I ordered them from eQuilter.com

Mari said...

Those colorful backing fabrics are so yummy I could just eat them! They will make a great backing. Bet I know how you're going to spend that gift card! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness... run out and get a lottery ticket quick! You are good luck!

Megan said...

Love the black and white fabrics. $50 gift card - happy Christmas Lynne!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Sharon said...

Great backing fabrics, and love that binding fabric! You've got a good eye for the B&W's too. I buy them when I can find them.

Lucky you! I wonder what you'll buy with your win?

Monty Q. Kat said...

MomBean, (the hoarder of patterns), says there's one copy of the pattern available on etsy right now. I prefer to sit on MomBean while she tries to work.

--Delilah