- Thoughts on Art, Creativity & Inspiration
- Good Stories
- Red Letter Alphabet
- Free Pieced Houses
- Lynne Tyler Word Quilts ~2009 - 2010
- Lynne Tyler Word Quilts ~ 2011
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2012
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2013
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2014
- Lynne Tyler 2015-2016 Quilts
- Couch, Bed & Table Quilts
- Doll Swap Quilts
- Gizzy Quilts
- My Studio
- Details, Details & More Organization Stuff
- Quilts & Their Owners
- Not Yet Quilted
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
It's funny, when I sent my son photos of the blocks up on the wall, he texted back, "It doesn't really sing for me. Sorry."
I texted back, telling him the photos were taken at night when the studio's light isn't very good. He replied that it wasn't as bright as he expected, and that probably that was it.
But I'm not worried. I know that photos never capture my quilts as well as they look in real life, and to get the whole quilt, I have to get so far away that you miss all the little details. I also know that my dear son is the one who told me he didn't like half the fabrics I selected for his Sunshine quilt, yet when it was finished, he adored it, and sleeps under it every night with his dear wife.
Sunshine indeed. I think this quilt may need to be called something that connects sun and the beach. Oh Julie... and others, any suggestions?