Monday, February 8, 2016

Slashed Squares Redux

This is the Slashed Squares flimsy. I brought it with me up to Quilted Threads today so I could find backing fabric for it.

As you all know, when I go over the top, I keep going.

Here's the fabric I chose for the backing. I also bought some of that wild green for the binding!


 
I also dropped off two quilts with birds on them to help promote the "Birds, Birds, Birds" class, which will be held on May 14. The class was announced on Monday. On Thursday I got an email asking if I wanted to limit the class size to 12, or did I want to fill it up? I said, "Fill it up! More students = more energy = more excitement = more ideas = more fun!"  Then I reread the email. There were 10 students signed up already!!! Holy cow! 

"Wow, ten students in four days!" I commented to Sharon while she was cutting my fabric on Saturday.

"Try ten students in one morning!" Sharon replied. We even had one person call us before we were open.  Two ladies just signed up, so you have sixteen. They were all chomping at the bit. It's obvious they were watching your blog."

"Well, if you get more interest, just schedule another class," I told her. 

How exciting! I've already started working out the class plan in my head. If you're one of the sixteen or more who'll be there on May 14th, I can't wait!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Fabulous that so many are keen to learn how to make birds of their own.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I love the backing fabric! Wish I were close enough to take one of your classes.

Pat said...

That backing is perfect! And I love that bird .... what a wonderful wing.

Judy in Michigan said...

What's the nearest airport??? Would love to come for all the fun and inspiration.

Millie said...

MHT, Manchester NH ��

Anonymous said...

Where are you teaching? I would love to take your class.