I finished cutting all the whites for the Triangle Dance.
Then I paired up a dark with a light, and to make it easy on myself, I layered the dark on top of the light, made sure to line them up and then sliced through both at the same time. I decided that I would sew each pair to itself and make two identical blocks.
Then I stacked them all up and set them aside to sew.
I fed them through the machine without pinning, because, um, I wanted to get them sewn up in a hurry.
Then I pressed them and started throwing them up on the wall.
I'm pretty sure I can tinker with this a fair amount, but after doing the math, I realized I have enough fabric for almost THREE quilts, so I don't have to worry about making a decision right now, so I just kept making this basic layout bigger.
My idea is for a quilt 9 blocks wide by 16 blocks tall, which would make a quilt about 58" x 72", so this would be just over half. I took a photo with my cell phone, and when I moved the phone I had an idea...
Rotating the image 90 degrees really makes it. So I'll make this arrangement, 11 blocks tall by 13 blocks wide. I'll make the rest of the blocks, and then start rearranging and fine tuning where the fabrics should go. Then I'll sew it up and move on to version number two!