Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Insipid No Longer



The master bath of my new house has a very small "water closet." I hung the Red Letter Alphabet above the toilet, and an African mask on a nearby wall. There is also a tall narrow window. It's frosted for privacy, but when I moved in there was a sad, old fashioned lacy curtain panel covering it. I thought it was awful, so I replaced it with a white curtain panel from my old studio, but it looked insipid and tired.

The room needed red.  Although I have a lot of red in my stash, I needed a piece two yards long, and I don't have a lot of red pieces that big.

However...

 I did have a piece of this fabric, left over from the backing fabric I used for The Black Box quilt.  It isn't perfect, but I think it's a vast improvement.

3 comments:

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Nice improvement! You could also make a runner to match the alphabet one... just a thought :o)

Quiltdivajulie said...

There are more tomatoes in need of a purpose in life .....

Megan said...

Wowee!

Although I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel with that mask staring at me in the bathroom!

Megan
Sydney, Australia