Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Julie & Lynne

O.M.G., did Julie and I have a good time together! We looked at quilts, talked about quilts, shopped for fabric to make quilts, took pictures of quilts and even made a quilt together. This is part of a signature panel for the back of this quilt:

Julie and I hadn't trimmed the quilt before we took these photos.


I showed Julie how to make a bird, then she made two more on her own. She thought they were great fun and said she'd made more when she got home.

Julie made the reddish bird on the left, and mine is the blue one. (Julie is taller than me in real life too.)


Julie and I "shopped in my stash" to find fabrics to use as the backing. They'll be mostly black with other colors, and the name panel above. I have to make the year, 2014, to add to the panel.

Clare, you were right! Julie and I had to sew together. We did, and we had a ball!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I like the long legs on Julie's bird in the name label panel.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Quiltdivajulie said...

HUGS from your now-back-at-home bird-loving friend!