Friday, May 23, 2014

Binding the Black and White Crayons


I am so happy with this quilt. The quilting is beautiful. I am adding the binding, which is a slightly complex affair given that I am using two different fabrics that have to start and stop in precisely the right spots. Can you tell the two of them apart in the photo above?

.
I add the hanging sleeve at the same time I sew the binding on. And yes, I do my final sewing on the front of the quilt. I can blindstitch invisibly, so I show it off by defying you to see my stitching.

(It's an ego thing. I admit it.)

And if your binding is striped, as mine is, wouldn't you join sections as invisibly as possible?


I am very happy with this one and think it may be one of my all time favorites.

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

As well it should be one of your all time favorites! It is WONDERFUL!!!

Twinkles said...

I just love this quilt. I think it is an all time favorite for me.

Sewgirl said...

It turned out great. Thanks for sharing!

Megan said...

I admire you for going to the trouble you are with the binding. I think I may have considered doing what you're doing and then decided not to bother! LOL

Megan
Sydney, Australia