- Thoughts on Art, Creativity & Inspiration
- Good Stories
- Red Letter Alphabet
- Free Pieced Houses
- Lynne Tyler Word Quilts ~2009 - 2010
- Lynne Tyler Word Quilts ~ 2011
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2012
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2013
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2014
- Couch, Bed & Table Quilts
- Doll Swap Quilts
- Gizzy Quilts
- My Studio
Friday, May 23, 2014
Binding the Black and White Crayons
I am so happy with this quilt. The quilting is beautiful. I am adding the binding, which is a slightly complex affair given that I am using two different fabrics that have to start and stop in precisely the right spots. Can you tell the two of them apart in the photo above?
I add the hanging sleeve at the same time I sew the binding on. And yes, I do my final sewing on the front of the quilt. I can blindstitch invisibly, so I show it off by defying you to see my stitching.
(It's an ego thing. I admit it.)
I am very happy with this one and think it may be one of my all time favorites.