Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What's My Line?

The Whistler House Museum of Art in Lowell Mass is seeking original Art Quilts for an exhibit August 7 to September 14th 2013 called "What's My Line?"

The show is looking for quilts that "explore the idea of using a line both literally and figuratively - a stitched line, a line of work, a line of song or a poem, a railway line, a line on a map, lines on a face, the possibilities are endless..."

You can find more information here.


Three very important facts:
The work must be original.
The quilts cannot be larger than 72" in any dimension.

The deadline for entries is May 15, 2013

So!

I am thinking of submitting this quilt:


I remember typing this line over and over and over when I was learning to type.

11 comments:

Jean said...

Do it!

Judy in Michigan said...

Yes, do it! Perfect!!!

Wanda - Scraphappy Blended Quilter said...

What a great idea! It is perfect for the theme. Thanks also for sharing info. on the upcoming exhibit and opportunity to design something for it. It is good inspiration :)

Amy Friend said...

I think you should and good luck!

Just Ducky said...

If not this one, the the rules quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Go for it !! The Fox is a fabulous quilt and is perfectly suited for the exhibit. Do keep us posted . . .

Sharon said...

Oh, this is perfect! It's just right for the theme, and it's a fantastic, original quilt. Go for it, Lynn! And good luck!

Poppy Q said...

Good luck Lynne, we hope they love it.

Julie and Poppy Q
xxx

Nina Marie said...

ohhh yeah you definitely need to enter! I hadn't heard of this call for submissions so thanks for sharing! I would like to invite you to link up to my blog's Off the Wall Friday - where art quilters come and share their creative post every week. We find it motivating, inspiring and educational! Its open every Fri-Sunday.

Cher said...

Oh, late to this post but I think this is perfect for an entry to this exhibit! hope you submit it and will look forward to hearing more if so.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

If you develop a PATTERN for this quick brown fox quilt, I surely will purchase same . . . .