Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Wedgies!

OK, so here's how I made the strips for the wedges. I sewed strips together - background cream, white, silver, cream.  Then I cut them at an extreme angle using a template I made. Then I did the same thing for the other side. There are 11 lefts, 11 rights.  After that I sewed the pairs together to get the chevrons you saw yesterday.

So how am I using them?  I thought you'd never ask. Here are a couple of clues.

 Yes, that's a 10-degree wedge ruler, and the extension, from www.phillipsfiberart.com.  I'd seen it hanging at my lqs and thought it looked cool. I wanted to play with it, but wasn't interested in doing anything "normal" with it. Finally I bought it so I could experiment with it. As soon as I got it home I realized it would be very useful in assembling the colored arc of letters above the black box. 


That's enough for today.  More later!

3 comments:

Judy in Michigan said...

How very clever!! Our lqs has that ruler but it was used to make a table runner (which is very cool also) and a circular wall art piece. But you, dear Lynne, have created a great, imho, practical use for it! Keep up the creativity - you inspire me.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love how you think!

Queenie Believe said...

I just about split my sides when I read the title of this post.
Looking forward to seeing more of what comes from the wedgie adventure.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie