Sunday, February 6, 2011

All


When I was at the dentist's last week, designing a quilt in my head, I was thinking about what to do with the "all the fun" for my Rules quilts.

I envisioned the words "all the" to be multi-color stripes, arranged crosswise. I thought I'd have to strip piece many fabrics together to get a stripe I liked, but at an lqs a few days later, I found this nifty stripe, that would work on black as well as white.

After cleaning the house yesterday I started playing, and this is what I have so far. I love the "a" but in context of the other letters, the "L's" are too close together and too small. Back to work!

2 comments:

The Selvage Fairy said...

WOW!!! Do I count right? 22 different pieces of fabric in that word? And even from the front I can see how neat all those seams are. WOW!!!

Millie said...

Dear Selvage Fairy... I don't know. I never count, but if you say 22, then you must be right.