Saturday, January 23, 2010

Four Seasons, Quilted

Here is my Four Seasons, the quilt I made for Doll Quilt Swap 8, all quilted. I did the quilting myself. The quilt is about 17-1/2" x 26-1/2". I'll add the binding later today (it will be the same blue as the border), and then I'll add a hanging sleeve on the back, and lastly, the label. In March, this little quilt will fly to... (sorry, no hints!)

The back of this quilt is pretty neat too, but since it has several HUGE hints, I can't show you until it has been received at its new home.

Yes, Clare, Trish, I did machine quilt it, and I did wing it.  However, I tried to quilt it more tightly and have the wavy lines overlap more in the winter and autumn sections than I did in the summer and spring panels.

13 comments:

Trish said...

Lynne,

LOVE your quilting on your DQ. It gives a feel of the wind blowing ! Just perfect with the trees. Still hoping it's coming to live at my house.........Trish

Clare said...

I agree with Trish. The quilting does look like the wind blowing. I assume it is machine quilting? Did you just wing it?

Trisha said...

Incredible! I love how you depicted the four seasons with the trees. I love this quilt! Now to start sending out good thoughts that it is coming to me. :)

Deborah said...

It just gets better and better....AND it has a wonderful back? You're killing me Lynne!

Wind blowing through the trees,
Joyful voices on the breeze,
You and me and that quilt makes three,
Here in California!

Tonya Ricucci said...

you did great esp with that quilting!

Anonymous said...

I think you did an amazing job on the quilting! It DOES look like wind, that is the first thing I thought when I saw it! You should be very proud, it could not have turned out any better! You go!!!!

Unknown said...

It is absolutely beautiful!! Your quilting is just perfect! Job well done. Your swap partner will love it!

Just Ducky said...

Me likey, the quilting makes it look like wind.

Kathy McC said...

This is amazing. Oh my, the person getting this quilt is going to be so blessed!

Sandra said...

This is lovely! I especially love the effect of the quilting. It adds a whole different dimention to the quilt. Nice job!

Banaghaisge said...

Fabulous Four Seasons - there is a lucky dolly somewhere1!! (Don't stress too much about your cold - we have had 45*C to compensate...that is about 120*F).
Sweatfully (!), Jasmine

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I love this! It's been so much fun to see it come together.

Megan said...

Wonderful wonderful quilt Lynne. Congratulations. Are you a tiny weeny bit tempted to keep it for yourself and whip up something else for the swap? LOL

Megan
Sydney, Australia