Saturday, August 2, 2008

ABC - Tout Fini!

I have finished the Alphabet Quilt for my Doll Quilt Swap 4 partner. I will ship it out to her on Tuesday. (Because on Monday I will bring it in to work to show it off.)This is the first time I ever machine quilted anything so complex. Here you can see the outline quilting I did.
I pieced the backing, using some of the fabrics I used to make the letters.
The pink binding is the same pink as the letter "L" and the light color in the tulips.
The finished quilt is about 19" x 22". I am very pleased with it, and hope my swap partner likes it. I have to make one of these lovelies for myself!

You can click the pictures to enlarge them.

13 comments:

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

I love your alphabet quilt. Your swap partner is a very lucky girl to get this one.

dot said...

Great quilt. I don't belong to this swap but certainly would love to receive this one if I did.

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

jovaliquilts said...

Like it? Your swap partner will LOVE it! It's fabulous!! Your fabrics are great, and the pink L is just too perfect.

Cher said...

wow...one lucky swap partner ahead.

Tonya Ricucci said...

fantastic - you did a marvelous job. love the mix of upper and lower case - that i is so cute. yes, that pink L looks great.

Clare said...

I wish your swap partner was me *VBG*. It's great.

Mary Johnson said...

It looks great - I can see why you'd want to make one for yourself.

Julie said...

I love it!! Great work!

Browndirtcottage said...

Great job!! I am practicing doing some letters as well. Yes they are more time consuming than other projects, but a fun challenge. Stop by my blog and see the teacup I made. I like to have NEVER figured out the handle. Whuuugh!!

Susan said...

That is a darling quilt. I love that you added the flowers. The bit of pink just sparks it all.

jmb_craftypickle said...

I love the tilted "T"...what a beautiful quilt!

Kama said...

That is so cool. What a great idea!! I just got into quilting and just finished my first!