Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Little Something Different

I decided I needed a little break from the big project I am working on. I'd bought this fabric a few weeks ago to make a shopping tote, so I finally got around to making it.
It's quite large, 16" wide x 17" tall x 6" deep, and has Timtex in the bottom for shape and a little rigidity. The straps are long enough so the handles can fit over my shoulder. But the best part is that I designed it so it would fold up into this little tiny package, about 6-1/2" x 7-1/2". Next I need to add a little velcro flap so it stays folded.I'll be traveling later this summer, and I always find I need another bag for the stuff I buy. This will fit neatly into my suitcase.

3 comments:

Monty Q. Kat said...

Where are you going? ;)

susan said...

pretty tote and fabric

Anonymous said...

I love that fabric!