Saturday, August 19, 2017

Jewel Box at Home

It's always great when a quilt finds its home. This quilt told me it was going to go to my DDIL's mother. My Son and DIL live next door to her parents and I stay in their extra bedroom when I visit. I had been wanting to make a quilt for my DDIL's mother, A, for a while now, but I couldn't figure out what color it should be.

 When I discovered her love of flowers, the rest was easy.

 I've been waiting on tenterhooks for the last two days while the quilt flew cross country, and for my son to help me watch her open the box. (What would we do without FaceTime?)

Even the cat loves it.

7 comments:

Melody A. said...

what a wonderful quilt for an obviously lovely woman! the quilt is really pretty. Isn't it always like that when we make someone something, we are probably more excited and nervous hoping we have made the right choices to fit the person. Have a good weekend! take care from Iowa

Ann said...

You made such a lovely gift. I'm so glad she enjoys it. Smart idea to arrange to see the opening ceremony via FaceTime. Seeing the recipient's joy is worth all the effort.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fantastic -- SO happy she loves it!

Pat said...

Happy Day! Such a beautiful quilt and the smile on her face leaves no doubt about the reception.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful age Lynne. I see a trip to California in your future.


ผลบอล

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I love to see people with my quilts. It makes the giving more rewarding to know they are treasured.

Cindy said...

What a beautiful quilt for a beautiful lady! She looks so pretty wrapped in your quilt!!!! Way to go!