Friday, July 21, 2017

Salt & Pepper


No, that's not the color of my hair, although that IS the color of my hair. These are the salt and pepper grinders gifted me for my birthday by my pal Julie and her talented woodworker husband Larry. He made them. They will henceforth have a place of honor on my dining room table.


Julie is the most practical, efficient, and organized person I have ever met, so I was not surprised to open the second box in my birthday box to find Salt and Peppercorns for grinding.

Thank you Julie! You and Larry made my day!

16 comments:

Dorothy said...

Have a wonderful birthday.

Mari said...

Happy birthday! Have a wonderful day!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Happy Birthday, Lynne! I enjoy your work and posts. Thanks for sharing. Love the salt and pepper mills. Penzey's is also my favorite.

The Selvage Fairy said...

Happy Birthday!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Have a TERRIFIC birthday!! So glad you love your presents.

joe tulips said...

Happy birthday!

Pat said...

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful gift. There's just nothing like freshly ground pepper and I love ground salt, too.

CathyQuilts said...

I hope you have a great birthday!!1

Cotton Farmer said...

Happy Birthday! That Julie is quite a friend. And glad she introduced me to your blog!

Ann said...

Happy birthday. What a thoughtful present. And how kind of her husband to make them.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy birthday and a wish for many more years of designing and making quilts!

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Julie sent me here with greetings...
Happy Birthday, Lynne!!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Happy birthday to you! Do something fun!

Mary said...

Hooe this was your best birthday ever!

Judy in Michigan said...

Happy Birthday Lynne!!! You are so thoughtful by sharing your techniques with us. You are a special gift to us!!