Sunday, May 21, 2017

Pinwheels Fly Away!

In what was probably the worst kept secret ever, the Digital Pinwheels quilt will be flying to my DIL in the City of Angels in California tomorrow. 

The quilt is really pretty, and I'm happy I stuck with it. It's a perfect traditional, yet not traditional quilt. In fact, showing it off to my colleagues at work, MJ said, "This is very unusual for you Lynne. You actually have several blocks that are exactly the same."

That made me laugh. She was right!


Taking Beauty Shots yesterday, I did what I usually do, find cool places to show off the quilt. The photo above was of my back entry, so no big deal there,

but it wasn't until I scratched myself on the brush surrounding this tree, that I looked down and realized I was in a perfect breeding ground for ticks (dry leaves, out of sunlight.). I gathered up the quilt, and quickly moved to another location. 


As I spread the quilt out, I brushed away a large tick that had attached itself to the quilt. I stopped what I was doing, shook out the quilt thoroughly, inspected it, and went home, where I stripped and put all my clothes in the wash in hot water, then took a shower and inspected myself. I only had that scratch, no bites, but it was a wake up call. (And yes, the next thing in the wash was the quilt.)

Note to self: Stay the hell out of the woods. No beauty shot is worth what I went through two years ago, when I had Lyme Disease.

5 comments:

Pat said...

You are so right! This year we are supposed to be having a bumper crop of fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes! Be glad Millie doesn't go outside. I have to worry about a fluffy dog dragging in all sorts of critters.
The quilt is beautiful and I'm glad you got a good beauty shot.

Ann said...

Thanks for the heads up. We've had a bumper crop of pollen but I forgot about all the critters that come next. This is the year to be diligent.
It's always good to see more photos of your quilts. I know DIL will love it.

Just Ducky said...

Once was enough with Lyme's Disease. Stay on the beaten path. Don't need to send ticks to California.

Quiltdivajulie said...

You are right - NO beauty shot is worth THAT!

Cherie in St Louis said...

ABSOLUTELY!! You'll have to get creative about where you do some out in the wild beauty shots....because the ones you took really do show the quilts beauty. Would a museum lobby or court house steps provide a tick free yet interesting back drop?