Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Another Backing & Other Stuff

It was a spectacular weekend in New Hampshire. It was sunny, dry and 65 - 70 F. I spent much of the weekend in the garden planting herbs and setting out some geraniums.


I also spent time in the kitchen baking angel food cake and using the leftover egg yolks in some homemade bread. Both were delicious.

I also got the fabric for the backing of the Jewel Box quilt of diamonds. I chose a big floral print (top photo).

When I go full tilt on making quilts, the house tends to go to hell. It was inevitable: I had to start cleaning the house. It's been a few weeks since I vacuumed and it really needs it. So I got going. The next few days will be getting caught up with the housework, so pretty boring stuff. I haven't really got an idea for the next quilt, but here's what's up for me this summer:

1. Barns Class at Quilted Threads June 10.
2. A trip to Colorado with my Mom to visit my Cabinetmaker brother & his florist wife.
3. Another Barns class at Quilted Threads on July 22.
4. A Birds class at Quilted Threads on August 12.
5. My usual vacation in early September to watch the US Open.
6. My son, DIL & granddaughter will visit New England in mid-September. (SQUEE!)
7. A talk and workshop with the Concord (MA) Piecemakers Quilting Guild in late September.

And I'll be finishing these quilts: Fruit Loops, Snow Day, Tumblers, Terrazzo, Jewel Box.

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

And that takes are of the next 4 months totally, What fabulous fabric for the backing, it would be as beautiful in the whole on the front.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fabulous backing! Your calendar is pretty full - lots of good stuff!!!

Just Ducky said...

That is a bizzy summer, you still work full time!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

OMG! I am STARVING! this diet is killing me....